|Las Vegas Massage
Massage in Las Vegas
Licensed & Nationally Certified
The Body Restoration Massage Group
|What are the Contraindications to Massage?
Massage is non-invasive, relaxing and natural. It is therefore generally considered a safe treatment for most people.
However, there are three types of contraindication: TOTAL, when massage should not be performed at all, LOCAL,
when massage can be performed but not over the contraindicated areas and MEDICAL, when massage can only be
performed once medical permission has been granted. The following restrictions are in place to protect your health
When you have any of these conditions, please do not book a massage:
* Contagious or infectious diseases, including any cold or flu no matter how mild it may seem.
* Under the influence of drugs or alcohol- including prescription pain medication
* Recent operations or acute injuries
* Skin diseases
The therapist can massage but not over any areas affected by:
* Varicose veins
* Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
* Undiagnosed pain
* Inflammation, including arthritis
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, massage can only take place once it has been approved
your session in writing by your Physician.
* Cardiovascular conditions (thrombosis, phlebitis, hypertension, heart conditions)
* Any condition already being treated by a medical practitioner
* Psoriasis or eczema
* High blood pressure
* Nervous or psychotic conditions
* Heart problems, angina, those with pacemakers
* Bell’s palsy, trapped or pinched nerves
* Gynecological infections
Does a contraindication mean that treatment cannot take place?
Not always. In fact, massage can be very therapeutic for many medical conditions. However, in the above cases it is
best to have advice from your physician. Massage therapists, unless they are also qualified doctors, may not, under
law, attempt to diagnose a condition.